Friday, December 5, 2008

New CSO's and the DOK's

Beginning this school year we have new Curriculum Standards and Objectives (CSO's) along with each having a certain Depth of Knowledge (DOK). There was a training about the DOK's on December 9, 10, and 11 by Linda McQuillen. She is from the Wisonsin Center for Educational Development and is a member of Norm Webbs team. Teachers from each school attended and will be training the teachers at their school. There will be additional afterschool trainings on the CSO's and DOK's throughout the year.
Please comment on what you are doing to address the CSO's and DOK's at your school. As more trainings are given, information and web sites will be posted that may help you in your endeavors.

2 comments:

Charlie Pitrolo said...

I have provided two excellent PowerPoint presentations on DOKs to Pleasant Valley, and East Dale, as well as to Sally Morgan. If you'd like copies for your school please email me and I'll send you the links.

-Charlie Pitrolo

Anonymous said...

I was priviledged to be asked by WVDE Office of Assessment to be trained on DOK by Norm Webb along with Linda and the rest of the team from Wisconsin. Our charge was to review the WESTEST II and see if the questions were aligned with the CSOs. Next I will work with them again to go over the benchmarks that were set by WV teachers. I even convinced Dr. Webb to change his mind on the DOK of a question on WESTEST II! I have written DOK levels 3 and 4 questions in the area of mathematics for grades 3 and 4. If you would like to use them with your students, just e-mail me. I ask for feed back on how your students did.